Followers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

change

Meaningful change in our lives requires effort and commitment. We write our goals down, make new years resolutions, promise to ourselves and others that we will change and make improvements, then wallow in our guilt and anger when we fail to succeed. Where each failure should be viewed as a step closer to success, we often view them as as further proof that we can't. To fail time and time again is like standing alone in the cold, staring at success and happiness through an unbreakable window, wanting desperately to be on the inside.
the fear of failure, the fear of success
I couldn't therefore I can't
to try and to fail, to not try at all, which hurts more?
If you feel bad about feeling bad, will you feel good about feeling good?
If someone doesn't like you do you like yourself less?
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Eggs have too much cholesterol and there's an invisible hole in the ozone layer.
The road to insanity short with too damn many detours.
I'm screaming but there's no sound.
I'm crying but there are no tears.
The laughs are forced and all too infrequent.
I want answers but I'm not sure of the questions.
Who am I? Where am I? Why am I?
Hold it, relax and take a sanity pill. I know who I am and where I am although I'm not sure why I am. I think I'll leave that one to the philosophers.
The world beckons,"come on in, the water's fine" as if I had a choice. I've been in the water for sixty three years and it's rarely been at the right temperature for any significant length of time.
You don't have to swim to keep your head above water but it sure would be nice to make some forward progress. Doing a driftwood imitation is a waste of time and, as the adage goes, "time waits for no man" which brings us back to change. It's really quite simple. Like the old joke goes. "hey doc it hurts when I go like this. Well don't go like that." It's really just that simple. We each have to make a decision, then act on it. Everything else just clouds the issues and gives us excuses to fail.
The grass will be greener on the other side of the fence if you don't water your own lawn.

SAW

No comments:

Post a Comment